Name: Evangeline Lilly
Birth name: Nicole Evangeline Lilly
From: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
Date of birth: 3 August, 1979
Hair: Dark Brown
Height: 5ft 5in
- Her starsign is Leo.
- Her father is a home economics teacher in Canada. Her mother is a middle-school secretary who previously worked as a cosmetician and ran a day-care service.
- Has supported herself financially from the age of 15.
- Has two sisters.
- Founded and ran a world development and human rights committee at her university. She has lived in a grass hut in the jungles of the Philippines with a missionary group, and has been a volunteer for children’s projects since the age of 14.
- She is right handed.
- Evangeline nearly lost the opportunity to star on ABC’s Lost due to her Canadian citizenship. J.J. Abrams and ABC had to obtain a work visa from the American government before she could start filming.
- Evangeline was the only Lost cast member to audition by sending in an audition tape.
- Has English and Irish ancestry. Her father was raised in Kenya–her paternal grandparents served as missionaries in Africa–and one of her grandmothers was an English war bride.
- She battled depression from the ages of 18 to 23.
- Attended the University of British Columbia, where she studied international relations. Her studies were cut short by her role as Kate Austen on Lost.
- Evangeline says that if she was stranded on an island and could only bring one item, she would bring her bible.
- Refused to do a partial nude scene in an early episode of Lost.
- Says that she forgets things easily, like names and birth dates.
- After nearly drowning when she was younger Evangeline was terribly afraid of water, but then overcame her fear.
- She took golf lessons while shooting Lost in Hawaii.
- During an appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, Evangeline accidentally crashed Ellen’s golf cart into the set and caused $10,000 (US) worth of damage.
- Evangeline never passed her driving test. The only reason why she got her license was because the guy at the DMV thought she was cute.
- Evangeline has said she is a bad driver. She has been in several car accidents. Once it, involved a pedestrian who was hit, he landed on his feet and kept running. He refused to receive help from Evangeline and told her to stay away from him.
- In December 2006 her house in Hawaii was destroyed by a fire. Luckily, no one was hurt.
- Fluent in French and loves reading, writing, painting, long walks, tea and nature.
- She was one month pregnant with her son, Kahekili, when she completed the shooting of Real Steel. And she returned to work three months after giving birth to her son.
- Gave birth to her second child, a girl, at age 36 in October 2015.